Bhopal, Dec 8 (PTI) A 22-year-old man in Madhya Pradesh's Bhopal died after he accidentally swallowed a bee while drinking water and was stung by the insect on his tongue and food pipe, police said on Friday.

Hirendra Singh, a labourer, accidentally swallowed the insect while drinking a glass of water at his home in the Berasia area, about 40 km from the district headquarters, on Wednesday night, police inspector Narendra Kulaste told PTI.

Also Read | MMRDA Starts Work on New Cable-Stayed Bridge on Western Express Highway in Mumbai.

Singh complained of breathing problems and uneasiness as his food pipe was inflamed and was rushed to a government hospital. When his condition did not improve, he was moved to a private hospital, where he died around 1 am on Thursday, the official said.

The victim had vomited the dead bee during treatment, he said.

Also Read | Maharashtra Fire: Six Killed After Blaze Erupts at Candle-Making Factory in Pimpri Chinchwad (Watch Videos).

(This is an unedited and auto-generated story from Syndicated News feed, LatestLY Staff may not have modified or edited the content body)