Karachi [Pakistan], April 16 (ANI): 22 students fell unconscious after inhaling fumes emitted by a generator at a school in Karachi, reported ARY News on Tuesday, with police confirming the incident.

The school, situated in Hijjrat Colony Sector-2, was using a generator to power the building due to ongoing loadshedding in the area.

Also Read | Israel-Iran Tensions: President Ebrahim Raisi Again Warns Tel Aviv Against Counterattack.

Initial investigations suggest that 22 children lost consciousness as fumes filled the classrooms. Upon receiving the distressing news, authorities swiftly responded, with police and Edhi ambulances promptly arriving at the scene, as reported by ARY News.

Efforts were made to rescue the affected students from the school premises, with immediate first aid administered in an attempt to revive them.

Also Read | Borsen Stock Exchange Fire: Major Blaze Breaks Out in Historic Stock Exchange Building in Copenhagen, 120 Fire Tenders Present at Spot (Watch Videos).

In a separate incident, eight children also fainted in a private school building located in Lyari due to a gas leak.

The children were swiftly transported to the Civil Hospital for necessary medical attention. Rescue sources confirmed that the gas leak within the building caused the unconsciousness of the eight students.

These incidents underscore the importance of stringent safety measures in educational institutions, particularly regarding the handling of power sources and gas systems, to prevent such alarming occurrences in the future, ARY News reported. (ANI)

(This is an unedited and auto-generated story from Syndicated News feed, LatestLY Staff may not have modified or edited the content body)