Kabul [Afghanistan], May 1 (ANI): People in the Herat province of Afghanistan have called for security after a deadly Mosque attack killed at least five people on Tuesday, which included a woman and a child, according to TOLOnews.

The identity of the attackers is unclear as of now, according to security officials.

Also Read | Neeraj Basoya and Nasseb Singh Quit Congress: Live News Updates Today.

The gunman attacked the mosque in Mohammadiya, Guzara district, in western Herat during the evening prayers.

Mohammad Zaman, a resident of Herat, called for securing the place of worship and said, "It is the nation's demand that the government should secure all mosques and should pay more attention to this matter."

Also Read | Los Angeles Metro Train Accident: Over 50 Injured As Metro Light Rail Train Collides With Bus Near USC Campus.

Meanwhile, another resident, Asadullah Qeemet, said: "Security must be taken so that people no longer suffer; this is my request from the government," according to TOLOnews.

This attack occured five months after gunmen attacked residents, including two Shia clergy, in the Jabriyal neighbourhood west of Herat City. That attack killed six persons, two of whom were women.

Residents of Herat have demanded the identification and conviction of those guilty of attacks on people in their province.

However, no group has claimed responsibility for the attack so far.

The investigation of the incident is underway. (ANI)

(The above story is verified and authored by ANI staff, ANI is South Asia's leading multimedia news agency with over 100 bureaus in India, South Asia and across the globe. ANI brings the latest news on Politics and Current Affairs in India & around the World, Sports, Health, Fitness, Entertainment, & News. The views appearing in the above post do not reflect the opinions of LatestLY)