World News | Terrorists' Attack in Northern Burkina Faso Leaves 80 People Dead
Get latest articles and stories on World at LatestLY. Terrorists staged an attack in the northern part of Burkina Faso that left 80 people killed, the Ministry of Communications said.
Sahel [Burkina Faso], August 20 (ANI/Sputnik): Terrorists staged an attack in the northern part of Burkina Faso that left 80 people killed, the Ministry of Communications said.
On Wednesday, the AIB news agency reported that about 50 people had been killed as a result of the attack in the northern province of Soum.
Also Read | Rewards for Killings Now Even Being Paid in Bitcoins, EAM S Jaishankar On ISIS.
"According to the renewed information ... 65 civilians have been killed by terrorists," the ministry said on late Thursday.
The attack also reportedly left 15 gendarmes killed.
The northern part of Burkina Faso has been suffering from activities of Islamist groups linked to al-Qaeda and Islamic State terrorist organizations (both banned in Russia) since 2016. (ANI/Sputnik)
(The above story is verified and authored by ANI staff, ANI is South Asia's leading multimedia news agency with over 100 bureaus in India, South Asia and across the globe. ANI brings the latest news on Politics and Current Affairs in India & around the World, Sports, Health, Fitness, Entertainment, & News. The views appearing in the above post do not reflect the opinions of LatestLY)