Rangeela Raja: Bombay HC Refuses to Hear Pahlaj Nihalani's Plea Against Censor Suggesting Multiple Cuts on Urgent Basis
Pahlaj Nihalani (Photo Credits: ANI)

Mumbai, November 6: Producer and former censor board chief Pahlaj Nihalani has moved the Bombay High Court to fight the Central Board of Film Certification or CBFC against multiple cuts ordered for his film "Rangeela Raja". According to a recent ANI update, Bombay High Court's vacation bench has refused to hear Pahlaj Nihalani's plea on urgent basis. Nihalani will again mention his plea against Censor Board cuts to 'Rangeela Raja' on November 12. Rangeela Raja: Producer Pahlaj Nihalani Gets A Taste of His Own Medicine; To Fight Censor Board in Court Against Cuts in Film.

Nihalani had earlier said that he was forced to take the matter to the Court because the number of cuts that have been ordered by CBFC are of 'harmless footage and dialogue' in the film.

As quoted in the report, he said, "The current chairperson (Prasoon Joshi) is out of the country. This, I believe, is often the case. In his absence, decisions on matters that the chairperson decides, are taken by his subordinates. This is completely against the guidelines."

(With additional inputs from IANS)