GATE 2019: Know Exam Dates, Eligibility, Paper Pattern & List of PSUs Undertaking the Engineering Entrance Scores
Representational Image (Photo Credits: Twitter)

The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Madras is done with the online application procedure for the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2019. Students who have applied for the entrance test are now preparing themselves for the exam which is scheduled to be conducted on February 2, 3, 9 and 10, 2019 at various test centres across. IIT Madras will publish the admit card from January 4, for students to download and participate in GATE 2019. Meanwhile, there is a lot that you must be looking out at this stage apart from the exam date to opt for engineering courses. In this article, we have compiled eligibility, paper pattern, Public Sector Undertaking (PSUs) and everything that you should know about the upcoming GATE. JNUEE 2019 Entrance Exam Postponed; JNU to Release Fresh Application & Exam Dates Soon. JNUEE 2019 Entrance Exam Postponed; JNU to Release Fresh Application & Exam Dates Soon. 

GATE 2019 leads to admission in the Master’s programs and direct Doctoral programs in Engineering, Technology, Architecture and Doctoral programs in Engineering, Technology, Architecture and Doctoral programs in relevant branches of Science in the institutions supported by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) and other government agencies. GATE 2019 Application Correction Window; Make Changes Online. 

GATE 2019 Exam Dates

For the upcoming academic session, IIT Madras will host the entrance exam. GATE 2019 is scheduled to be conducted on February 2, 3, 9 and 10 at various test centres across the nation. The admit cards for the same will be released soon on the website; gate.iitm.ac.in.

GATE 2019 Exam Paper Pattern

GATE is a computer-based test, and there are two types of questions—MCQs and NATs in the exam. A few questions carry one mark, and the remaining are of 2 marks. Only MCQs have negative marking. For one marks questions, there is a 1/3 negative marking for wrong answers. Whereas for two marks question, there is 2/3 negative marking. General Aptitude section carries 15 per cent of the total marks and remaining 85 per cent are devoted to the remaining subject of the paper. Ambedkar University, Delhi Opens Application Window for MBA Programme 2019. 

GATE 2019 Eligibility Criteria

While applying for GATE 2019, a candidate will have to meet the eligibility criteria as set by the IITs. Candidates should have completed their Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Technology or Master’s degree (M.Sc.) in any relevant science subject or must be in the final year of the program. Further, aspirants who are in the final year or are waiting for the results to be declared in the above courses, may also apply.

GATE 2019 PSU Recruitment

There are many Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) that are accepting GATE scores for the recruitment. The topmost are BAARC, BBNL, BEML, BHEL, BNPM, BPCL, BSNL, BSPCL, Cabinet Secretariat, CEL, Coal India Ltd, DMRC, DRDO, ECIL, EdCIL India, GAIL, GSECL, HAL, Haryana Power Utilities, HPCL, IOCL, IPR, IRCON, KRCL, KRIBHCO, MDL, MECL, Midhani, Mumbai Railway Vikas Corporation Ltd., NALCO, National Textile Corporation, NBCC Ltd., NFL, NHAI, NHPC, NLC India Ltd, NPCIL, NTPC Limited, OIL India, ONGC, OPGC, Power Grid, PSPCL, PSTCL, Rail Vikas Nigam Ltd, RCFL, RITES, SAIL, Tata Power, THDC, Vizag Steel and WBSEDCL.

IITs across the nation are responsible for conducting GATE. For 2019, IIT Madras will host the exam for the candidates seeking admissions to various engineering, architecture, technology and science masters and Doctoral programs. The entrance test is conducted in 24 subjects, and the candidates can appear in any one of them as per their interest.