Food-Poisoning at IIT Bombay: 30 Students Fall ill After Consuming Sweets, BMC Inspects Hostel Mess
IIT Bombay in Powai | File Image | (Photo Credits: PTI)

Mumbai, March 11: In a case of food-poisoning and negligence by the Indian Institute of Technology- Bombay (IIT-Bombay) canteen and food staff, 30 girl students complained that they fell ill after eating the sweets from the hostel  mess. Meanwhile, the poisoned food has been sent for lab testing. IIT-Bombay Student From Thane Arrested for Filming Woman Bathing, Several Other Bathing Videos Found in His Confiscated Phone.

In a report in English daily The Times of India, the daily reported that the institute has yet not found the cause of food poisoning in the campus. However, it has accepted that food poisoning is the reason for the girl students falling ill. IIT Indore Makes World University Ranking Debut, Overtakes IIT Bombay.

A hostel resident was quoted saying by the daily that the students who had food on Saturday evening complained of vomiting after consuming the food and sweets at the hostel mess on Saturday night.  The warden was then informed about the students falling ill.

At 5 AM in the morning, a mail was sent to all students in the campus to report if they showed any signs of food-poisoning. The students who complained of ill-health and symptoms were given medical care.

IIT Bombay spokesperson said that the canteen has been closed for sanitation purpose following the complaints. It will reopen tomorrow. The spokesperson also informed that BMC inspected the mess and the food has been sent to lab for testing. The girls are said to be stable now.