Mumbai, November 5: A wedding party in Mumbai's Bandra (East) turned into a nightmare for the guests as over 20 people were taken ill, reportedly after having food at the event. Several people who attended the event, complained of stomach pain and food poisoning after having food at the wedding.
The venue of the event was Samaj Mandir Hall in Bandra, opposite the Middle Income Group (MIG) ground. A case has been registered at Bandra Kherwadi police station.
A report in The Times of India said that the guests who complained of discomfort were taken to the civic-run VN Desai Hospital. Three children were among those who were admitted in the hospital, including 11 others.
Almost all the guests have complained of problems like diarrhea and vomiting. The people are undergoing treatments for the said symptoms.
The medical superintendent at the hospital was quoted saying by the daily that the patients continue to be stable and getting discharged as the symtoms fall weak. Several people have already been discharged, informed the hospital.