Pan Cake day is here which is the Shrove Tuesday, the day in Feb or Mar, immediately preceding Ash Wednesday is celebrated in many nations by consuming Pancake. These flat cake can be healthy if prepared with proper ingredients. Let us explore some different recipes of pancakes also known as flapjacks with numerous nutritional benefits. Keto Breakfast Recipes: Ditch Expensive Restaurants! Quick and Easy Meals You Can DIY at Home If You Are on a Ketogenic Diet.
Healthy Recipes for Pancakes
1. Vegan Pancakes
This recipe can yield two to four pancakes.
Ingredients- One cup of flour, 1 tbsp granulated sugar, 1 tbsp baking powder, 1/2 tbsp salt , 1 cup of almond milk,(or any other non dairy milk), 2 tbsp coconut oil, vegetable or coconut oil for frying, Maple syrup and fresh fruit for serving.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add almond milk and coconut oil and mix until smooth.
- In a large skillet over medium low heat, heat oil. Using a 1/4 cup measure, pour batter into pan. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, and flip when you see bubbles forming around the edges of the pancakes. Cook 2 to 3 minutes more on the opposite side, until golden. (If making a large batch, preheat oven to 200° and place prepared pancakes on baking sheet in oven.)
- When all batter has been used, serve with maple syrup and a fruit of your choice.
2. Keto Pancakes
This recipe can yield 10 pancakes.
Ingredients- 1/2 cup almond flour, 4 oz cream cheese(softened), 4 large eggs, 1 tbsp lemon zest, butter for frying and serving.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together almond flour, cream cheese, eggs, and lemon zest until smooth.
- In a non stick skillet over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter. Pour in about 3 tablespoons batter and cook until golden for 2 minutes.
- Flip and cook 2 minutes more. Transfer to a plate and continue with the rest of the batter.
- Serve topped with butter.
3. Whole Wheat Oatmeal Pancakes
This recipe can yield 7-8 pancakes.
Ingredients-1 cup (123g) whole wheat flour (or white whole-wheat) (measured correctly), 1/2 cup (40g) quick oats, 1/4 teaspoon salt,2 teaspoons baking powder,1 teaspoon ground cinnamon,1 large egg (or 2 egg whites),1 cup (240ml) milk,2 Tablespoons packed dark brown sugar (or light brown),1/4 cup (63g) Greek yogurt,1 teaspoon vanilla extract,1/2 cup add-ins like chocolate chips or fruit, optional
- Toss the flour, oats, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon together in a large bowl. Set aside. In a separate medium bowl, whisk the egg and milk together. Whisk in the brown sugar and yogurt until no lumps remain. Whisk in the vanilla until combined.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour the wet ingredients in. Stir gently until just combined. Do not over mix the batter or your pancakes will be tough and very dense. Add any mix-ins you prefer, but again - do not over mix the batter.
- Heat a griddle or skillet over medium heat. Coat generously with cooking spray, oil, or butter. Once hot, drop about 1/4 cup of batter on the griddle. Cook until the edges look dry and bubbles begin to form on the center or sides, about 1 minute. Flip and cook on the other side until cooked through, about 2 more minutes. Coat griddle/skillet again with nonstick spray for each pancake or batch of pancakes.
- Keep pancakes warm in a preheated 200F degree oven until all pancakes are cooked. Serve immediately. Pancakes taste best right after they are made.
4. Blueberry Chia Seed Pancakes
This recipe can yield 10-12 pancakes.
For the Pancakes:
3/4 cup whole wheat flour,1 tsp baking soda,1/4 tsp salt,3 eggs, One and a half tbsp honey,3 tbsp plain yogurt,3/4 cup almond milk (or milk of choice), 2 tbsp chia seeds.
For the yogurt:
2 tbsp plain yogurt,Juice from 1 lemon,1 tsp lemon zest,1/4 cup blueberries.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
- Add eggs, honey, yogurt, and milk and whisk everything together.
Last, stir in chia seeds by hand.
- Heat a nonstick skillet* over medium and pour a small amount of batter into skillet, forming a pancake.
- Wait until batter starts bubbling and then use a spatula to flip pancake over.
- Cook on both sides and repeat the process until batter is gone.
- For the topping: place yogurt in a bowl and stir in lemon juice and zest.
- Top pancakes with yogurt+blueberries
- Then enjoy these nutritious treat.
Probably, now almost every food in this world has managed its way to chip into the healthier angle. Pancake is one of them, which one can eat during breakfast, provided you make it in the methods mentioned above. But again even these recipes are healthy, but then too calories are associated with it; therefore one must restrict its intake to a moderate quantity.