The wedding season is far from over and another big wedding ceremony from among the richest families will take place in March. Yes, we are talking about Mukesh Ambani's eldest son Akash Ambani wedding to Shloka Mehta. The duo from respective business families will get married on March 9, 2019. The pre-wedding festivities are already going on in full glam and glitz. The pre-wedding party took place at St Moritz in Switzerland with most of Bollywood stars in attendance. While we all know about Mukesh Ambani and his empire, let us get to know some more things about the groom-to-be Akash Ambani. Inside Pics From Akash Ambani-Shloka Mehta’s Pre-Wedding: Couple Arrive in a White Carriage for the Winter Wonderland Themed Celebration.
Akash Ambani is marrying his childhood sweetheart Shloka Mehta, who he studied with. She is the daughter of diamantaire Russell Mehta. The couple got engaged in June at a plush resort in Goa. The couple will be tying the knot at Jio World Centre in Bandra Kurla Complex, Mumbai. Who is Shloka Mehta, Would be Daughter-in-Law of Mukesh Ambani.
10 Facts About Akash Ambani
- Akash Ambani was born on October 23, 1991. He is 27 years old.
- After completing his schooling from Campion School in Mumbai and later Dhirubhai Ambani International School, he pursued Economics from Brown University in the US.
- While he was still studying, Mukesh Ambani already planned for his entry into the telecommunication industry with Reliance Jio.
- In his younger days, Akash Ambani also had an obese stature which he overcame with time. He now follows a strict fitness regime.
- Akash who is a technology enthusiast was involved in the development of Jio 4G network. It was a game-changing task for him. He joined in the year 2014 and actively took charge of building this network.
- Today he is the chief of strategy Jio Infocomm. He developed the services of JioTV, JioCinema and JioChat.
- According to a report online, although Akash grew up in Mumbai, he only realised the privilege of being an 'Ambani' when he saw his father's name in Forbes' list of wealthiest people around the world.
- Other than his business, Akash Ambani is a big fan of sports. He loves cricket. His favourite football club is Arsenal.
- Seeing his love for cricket, Nita Ambani is said to have given him the responsibilities of managing their IPL team Mumbai Indians. Akash was studying abroad so he could not focus back then. Today he is the co-owner of the team.
- He loves collecting sports souvenirs and owns a couple of rare Arsenal jerseys. He also has the possession of Sunil Gavaskar's bat from the 1983 World Cup Final.
It is no wonder that wedding celebrations will be all lavish. The focus on the next Ambani wedding was seen right after his twin sister Isha Ambani's wedding to Anand Piramal in December 2018.