Prithvi Shaw who is just 20-year-old has already registered his name amongst the record books. Making his Test debut in October 2018, Shaw became the youngest players after Sachin Tendulkar to score a Test century. He came into limelight after scoring 546 runs for his school in the Harris Shield Tournament back in the year 2013. Born on November 9, 2018, as the batsman turns a year old, let’s have a look at seven interesting facts about Shaw. Prithvi Shaw Likely to Return for Mumbai Squad Just One Day After His Doping Ban Ends, to Play in Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy 2019–20.
- The International Cricket Council named Shaw as one of the five breakout stars in men's cricket in 2018.
- Shaw played MIG Cricket Club in Mumbai and was the captain of Rizvi Springfield High School.
- He was bought by the Delhi Daredevils in the 2018 IPL auction for ₹ 1.2 crores in 2018.
- Prithvi Shaw notched up his first IPL fifty against the Kolkata Knight Riders in 2018.
- He went on to become the joint youngest player in the IPL
- Prithvi Shaw has ancestral roots in Gaya, Bihar. His father migrated to Maharastra before Prithvi was born.
- Prithvi Shaw scored 132 in his maiden List-A ton as he represented English county side Leicestershire.
The Mumbai batsman is so far serving an eight-month-long suspension for a doping violation. However, the batsman is likely to make a comeback for the Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy 2019-20. Nonetheless, on this day, we wish Shaw a Very Happy Birthday. May his career continue to soar and may the cricketer break a plethora of more records.