Bagging a hat-trick in cricket can be called as a life-time achievement for a cricketer. The year 2019 will be remembered as a year of hat-tricks in cricket. Many bowlers came into limelight for their astonishing bowling performance by taking three wickets in three consecutive balls. In all, there are 7 hat-tricks in men’s cricket that were taken in 2019 so far. Here we will look at all the hat-tricks grabbed in 2019 so far by bowlers.
Among Indian players, Mohammad Shami and Jasprit Bumrah have bagged hat-tricks in 2019. While Shami bagged it against Afghanistan in ICC World Cup 2019, Bumrah bagged it against West Indies in a Test match. Other cricketers who clinched a hat-trick in international cricket in 2019 include Trent Boult, Mohammad Hasnain, Khawar Ali, Lasith Malinga and Rashid Khan. Below is the list of all the cricketers who bagged a hat-trick in 2019.
- Jasprit Bumrah (India) against West Indies in a Test match. Bumrah dismissed Darren Bravo, Shamarh Brooks and Roston Chase.
- Mohammed Shami (India) against Afghanistan. Shami dismissed Mohammad Nabi, Aftab Alam and Mujeeb Ur Rahman.
- Trent Boult (New Zealand) against Australia. Boult dismissed Usman Khawaja, Mitchell Starc and Jason Behrendorff.T20Is
- Rashid Khan (Afghanistan) against Ireland. He dismissed Kevin O'Brien, George Dockrell, Shane Getkate and Simi Singh in four consecutive balls.
- Lasith Malinga (Sri Lanka) against New Zealand. Malinga dismissed Colin Munro, Hamish Rutherford, Colin de Grandhomme and Ross Taylor.
- Mohammad Hasnain (Pakistan) against Sri Lanka. He dismissed Bhanuka Rajapaksa, Dasun Shanaka, and Shehan Jayasuriya.
- Khawar Ali (Oman) against Netherlands. He dismissed Antonius Staal, Colin Ackermann and Roelof van der Merwe.