New Delhi [India], September 20 (ANI): The Federation of All India Medical Association (FAIMA) on Wednesday expressed disapproval of the notice released by the Ministry of Health regarding the NEET PG cut-off criteria and said zero percentile candidates being eligible for postgraduate seat is a mockery of the healthcare system.
"We are shocked to see such notice released by the Ministry of Health regarding the NEET PG cut-off. It is ridiculous to see zero percentile candidates are eligible for getting a Postgraduate Seat. This is a mockery of the standard of Medical Education and healthcare system," posted FAIMA Doctors Association on X.
Also Read | Delhi: Delivery Man Turned Thief to Increase Earnings Arrested With Stolen Scooty, Solves 23 Cases.
The Department of Health and Family Welfare, Medical Education Policy issued a notice on Wednesday to the National Medical Commission (NMC) regarding the reduction of the qualifying percentile for NEET-PG, 2023.
"I am directed to refer to the above-mentioned subject and to say that the recommendation for a reduction in the qualifying percentile for Post Graduate Courses for 2023 (NEET-PG 2023) has been considered in the Ministry. Approval of competent authority is hereby conveyed for the reduction of the qualifying percentile for NEET-PG 2023 to 'Zero' across all categories," reads the notice signed by Sunil Kumar Gupta, Under Secretary to the Government of India (MoHFW).
Also Read | Delhi Factory Blast Video: Two Dead, Four Injured After Explosion at Plastic Factory in Bawana Area.
"This issues with the approval of the competent authority," it added.
The decision of the Union Health Ministry comes after doctors across the country had been demanding a reduction in the NEET-PG 2023 cut-off criteria.
Recently, the issue was also raised by the Indian Medical Association (IMA), which recently wrote to the Union Health Minister Mansukh Mandaviya and requested to reduce the NEET PG 2023 cut-off percentile.
Taking up the issue with the Union Health Ministry, the Federation of Resident Doctors' Association (FORDA) recently met with the Ministry officials and submitted their request in this regard.
After the approval of the issue the FORDA posted on X and said, "As promised, the good news is here! We welcome the decision of the Ministry of Health to make everyone eligible for the remaining rounds of counselling for NEETPG2023."
"Thank you Minister Mansukh Mandviya, Office of Mansukh Mandviya and Anil RadadiyaBest of luck to students! #MedTwitter #MedEd," he added.
The National Eligibility Entrance Test (Postgraduate) (or NEET (PG)) is a qualifying and ranking examination in India, for students who wish to study various doctorate postgraduate and diploma courses, in government or private medical colleges in the country.
The exam is conducted by the National Board of Examinations (NBE).
The counselling and seat allotment is conducted by the Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS). (ANI)
(The above story is verified and authored by ANI staff, ANI is South Asia's leading multimedia news agency with over 100 bureaus in India, South Asia and across the globe. ANI brings the latest news on Politics and Current Affairs in India & around the World, Sports, Health, Fitness, Entertainment, & News. The views appearing in the above post do not reflect the opinions of LatestLY)













Quickly


