World News | PoJK Social Media Influencer Aqeel Claims Protests to Intensify, Says JKJAAC to Make 'strong Announcement' on August 13
Get latest articles and stories on World at LatestLY. A social media influencer from Pakistan-occupied Jammu and Kashmir (PoJK), identified as Aqeel, has claimed that the ongoing agitation in the region will continue and that the JKJAAC is expected to make a "strong announcement" on August 13.
Rawalakot [PoJK], August 11 (ANI): A social media influencer from Pakistan-occupied Jammu and Kashmir (PoJK), identified as Aqeel, has claimed that the ongoing agitation in the region will continue and that the JKJAAC is expected to make a "strong announcement" on August 13.
Speaking from Tee Chowk, in Rawalakot, Aqeel said the Action Committee had launched a new "Alamia" a day earlier, during which several issues were discussed.
He further said the Action Committee would make its next announcement on August 13, describing it as a "strong announcement" that people were waiting for.
Aqeel also alleged that activities by security forces were being carried out as a means of creating fear among the people. He claimed that drones were seen in the area at times and alleged that firing began at around 9 pm and continued until dawn. According to Aqeel, announcements were also sometimes made through mosques asking people to vacate Tee Chowk.
Also Read | Bashar Assad Sentenced to Death in Syria, Brother and Cousin Also Face Capital Punishment.
Despite these developments, he claimed that people remained determined and continued to stay at Tee Chowk. "The people will not leave this place," Aqeel said, adding that if their issues were not resolved, they would move forward with their agitation.
Aqeel also spoke about the ongoing election campaign in areas including Bagh, Rawalakot and Haveli. He claimed that a large section of the public had opposed the election campaign and that ordinary people had boycotted the electoral process.
According to Aqeel, polling did not take place at several locations, while at places where voting did take place, he claimed the turnout was only around one to two per cent and alleged that voting had been carried out under pressure.
He reiterated that the election had been boycotted and claimed that people were being urged not to participate in the voting process. Aqeel said the boycott was being maintained by the people and reiterated that voters were being asked not to go to polling stations. (ANI)
(The above story is verified and authored by ANI staff, ANI is South Asia's leading multimedia news agency with over 100 bureaus in India, South Asia and across the globe. ANI brings the latest news on Politics and Current Affairs in India & around the World, Sports, Health, Fitness, Entertainment, & News. The views appearing in the above post do not reflect the opinions of LatestLY)