Jawa Motorcycles, an iconic Czech motorcycle brand is all set to make a comeback in India under the shadow of Mahindra. As a reminder, Mahindra purchased the license to produce and sell the Jawa branded motorcycles in the Indian sub-continent. After a period of two years since the purchase, Mahindra will be showcasing a brand new motorcycle to the world. Mahindra Racing Announces Driver Line-up.
The company will be revealing the first new generation Jawa motorcycle at an event in Mumbai on November. Though this will not be a launch event, the company will be showcasing the new motorcycle. Ahead of the official reveal, the company has officially revealed the teaser of the Jawa 300 in a video. Here are the top 5 things you should know about the motorcycle.
1. Mahindra has already launched a new company called Classic Legends, and the motorcycle will be retailed under this umbrella. However, the distribution details are not known as of now. It is believed that dealership details and sales network is speculated to be revealed on November 15.
2. In terms of specifications, the motorcycle will be powered by all-new 293cc, single cylinder engine. The engine will produce 27PS of maximum power along with 28Nm of peak torque. The unit will be mated to a 6-speed manual gearbox. It is all-new engine and it does not share any parts with Mahindra's Mojo, though the power output is similar.
3. As far as the prices are concerned, the new Jawa 300 Classic motorcycle is expected to be priced around Rs 1.5 lakh (ex-showroom).
4. Moreover, the motorcycle already has been spied while testing on the Indian roads. It will be pitted against the like of Royal Enfield Classic 350 motorcycle, which is the best-selling RE motorcycle in India.
5. To make things more interesting, the company is also expected to launch Bobber, Cafe Racer and Adventure Tourer in the near future, to take on the full range of RE motorcycles in the country.