Nursery schools in Delhi have announced the admission process for the academic year 2020-21. The admissions for open seats in the entry-level classes—nursery, kindergarten and class 1 has begun from today, November 29, 2019. The Directorate of Education (DoE) has instructed the private unaided recognised schools in the city to upload their eligibility criteria and other important notification on the websites as well as DoE’s site, edudel.nic.in. Parents can visit the respective school sites online and begin with filling the application for their kids. It is to be noted here that the last date for Delhi Nursery Admission 2020 is December 27, 2019. For easy access to the parents, below in this article, we have provided all the necessary information including the age limit, documents and quick steps to apply. Delhi Air Pollution: AQI Slightly Improves, But Hovers Between 'Poor' & 'Unhealthy' Category, Experts Predict Worst May Be Over For This Season.
DoE had given November 28 as the last date for private schools to upload all the information related to the nursery admissions. It also asked all the schools to ensure that the criterion wise break up of points of all applicants should be displayed on the schools' website too. “All the Private Unaided Recognized Schools shall ensure that their admission criterion is in compliance with the provisions of Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016 in respect of admissions of Children with Disabilities,” the notification added.
Delhi School Admission 2019: Age Limit
- For admission in the preschool (nursery), pre-primary (KG) and class 1, the minimum age for admission will be three years, four years and five years, respectively by March 31, 2020.
- Age limit for pre-primary, i.e. KG is less than five years as on March 31, 2020.
- DoE also fixed the upper age limit for admission in the entry-level classes. For preschool (nursery), it should be less than four years as on March 31, 2020. For pre-primary (KG), less than five years as on March 31, 2020. And for class 1, the upper age limit is less than six years as on March 31, 2020.
Delhi Nursery Admission 2020: Documents Needed
Any document that can be considered as a proof of residence of parents or child such as ration card/ smart card, domicile certificate of child or his or her parents, voter ID card of any of the parents, electricity bill in the name of parents, Aadhaar card or UID card issued in the name of any of the parents.
Delhi Nursery Admission 2020 Schedule:
- Admission process: November 29 to December 27, 2019
- First list of selected candidates: January 24, 2020
- Second list of selected candidates: February 12, 2020
How to Apply?
Parents first will have to go through the eligibility criteria available on the DoE website and other sites of the respective schools. Only Rs 25 (non-refundable) shall be charged as admission registration fee from parents. The forms should be filled correctly and submit it to the school before the end of the deadline.
DoE has further directed all the private unaided recognised schools to upload the details of children admitted and their marks scored by them under their point system on the module developed by the department.