Drinking Session With Friends Turns Ugly as 17-year-old Shot Dead in Mumbai After an Argument
Representational Image | Shot Dead Crime Scene (Photo Credits: PTI)

Mumbai, June 9: A minor boy was allegedly shot dead by his friend, on Friday, after a brawl that took place, which was preceded by a drinking session. The 17-year-old boy was drinking and partying with his three friends, celebrating a friend’s birthday, in a small room in Nalasopara, in Mumbai. The dead body was left lying against an open refrigerator with the notion that it will delay the decomposition time.

Kailash Wagh, who pulled the trigger, was arrested by the police, whereas the other two friends – Deepak Malik and Anil Singh – were on the run. It was reported that Wagh had shot the victim after things went ugly during the session and an argument that took place after it.

The police said that Wagh had confessed to his crime and the weapon that he had used to murder was a pistol. It also mentioned that there were liquor bottles and snacks found in the room.

Speaking to Times of India, Inspector Sanjay Hazari said that the victim and the accused are petty criminals. They have various cases registered against them in several police stations. The police have booked the accused under several Indian Penal Code (IPC) sections; Section 302 (murder), 201 (causing disappearance of evidence), and 34 (common intention). Not only that, but they were also booked under sections 3, 25, and 27 of the Arms Act.

Shubham Bhumak’s (victim) mother had found his dead body first, when she discovered his son was lying died at the address which he had given her, before leaving his home. After her calls went unanswered, she decided to visit the mentioned address. Little did she know that she’d come across such horrific scenes as she’d venture out to seek for her son.

The people living nearby said that they did not hear any sound of the bullet when it was fired in the previous night. It was only early in the morning when Shubham’s mother’s screamed on seeing her dead son, people ran towards that small room in the locality, after which the police was called.