New Delhi, December 5: Giving a major fillip to Prime Minister Narendra Modi's Digital India initiative, the State Bank of India (SBI) has rolled out a scheme where it is offering people up to 5 litres of free petrol. But, the catch is, the offer can only be availed if the payment is done via mobile app BHIM (Bharat Interface For Money) SBI Pay. The app allows users to transfer funds using a virtual payment address or a bank account along with the Indian Financial System Code (IFSC) code. Users can avail the facility at any domestic oil retail outlet. The offer, which was initially valid till November 23, 2018 has now been extended till December 15. BHIM App for Cashless Transactions: How to Download and Use the Unified Payment App.
“Fuel up with BHIM SBI Pay at any Indian Oil Retail outlet and get up to 5 litres of petrol absolutely free! Offer extended until 15th Dec 2018”, the SBI said in a tweet. The minimum transaction value in order to avail the benefits of the offer is Rs. 100, SBI added. The offer is applicable for purchase of fuels at any Indian Oil Corporation Ltd and Assam Oil division retail outlets only, it noted. Google Tez, Paytm or BHIM? War Begins For India’s Best Digital Payments & Mobile Wallet App.
Here's the SBI tweet:
Fuel up with BHIM SBI Pay at any Indian Oil Retail outlet and get up to 5 litres of petrol absolutely free! Offer extended until 15th Dec 2018. For more details, visit: https://t.co/SItjGjVIxN Download now: https://t.co/1ho06MbWn9#IndianOil #NPCI #Offer #Deal #Fuel #Petrol pic.twitter.com/yBixwxYLZH
— State Bank of India (@TheOfficialSBI) December 4, 2018
Here’s How You Can Avail the Benefit using BHIM SBI Pay:
- To avail the offer, a user will have to purchase fuel from Indian oil retail outlets and pay through BHIM-UPI i.e. BHIM SBI Pay app
- A user will have to send an SMS in a specified format to 9222222084: <UPI Reference No. (12-Digit)> <DDMM>. DDMM is the actual date of card payment transaction. Normal SMS charges would be applicable.
- The lucky users, who will be eligible for free petrol offer, would be contacted by back-end operator through SMS for further processing.
- It must be noted that the minimum transaction value should be Rs 100 to avail this offer.
- The SBI in its notification mentioned that out of all eligible SMSs received for a particular transaction date, 10,000 SMSs shall be entitled for cash-back ranging as per Rs 50/-, Rs100/-, Rs150/, Rs 200/-.
The SBI mentioned in its notification that winners will be declared normally within 2 weeks of the close of the offer or within such period as the Corporation may deem fit. It further added saying that winners will be communicated individually through SMS and the decision of the Corporation shall be final and no communication in this regard will be entertained.