New Delhi, June 10: For the first time in the history of Indian Railways, a tab-operated first-ever automatic food vending machine in a running train has been installed in- Coimbatore - Bengaluru UDAY Express over Southern Railway. The Express train comes with wi-fi, GPS-based passenger information system, food vending machines and an exclusive dining area for passengers.
The train is equipped with a host of new features such as infotainment system. Passengers are just a click away from their favourite drinks, juices and snacks. It must be noted that passengers can choose the food items from the list and add it to their cart.
First ever food vending machine in running train installed in- Coimbatore - Bengaluru UDAY Express over Southern Railway pic.twitter.com/1C2ezhxNiT
— Ministry of Railways (@RailMinIndia) June 9, 2018
The newly rolled out facility also includes tea, coffee, aerated drinks, canned juices and packets of snacks. When the passenger does the payment, the machines will automatically dispense the items.
Take a look at its salient features of Coimbatore - Bengaluru UDAY Express:
- The UDAY (Utkrisht Double Decker Air-Conditioned Yatri) Express, are infotainment system with wi-fi, GPS-based passenger information system, food vending machines.
- One of the unique features rolled out in the Coimbatore - Bengaluru UDAY Express is the tab-operated automatic vending machine. With just a tab, one can buy drinks, juices and snacks, tea, coffee, aerated drinks, canned juices and other snacks.
- Passengers can choose the items from the list and add it to their cart and make the payment. Once Payment is done, the vending machine automatically dispenses the items.
- The Express train is an orange-yellow double decker air-conditioned chair car train and has 10 coaches.
- The reduced travel time will also be a major draw for business class travellers between Coimbatore and Bengaluru, he added.
The Coimbatore - Bengaluru UDAY Express was flagged off from Coimbatore Junction by Minister of State for Railways Rajen Gohain on Friday. Gohen said that UDAY Express will be a boon for those who travel frequently between Tamil Nadu and Karnataka.
To recall, the UDAY (Utkrisht Double Decker Air-Conditioned Yatri) Express was announced in the Railway budget in 2016. The train (No.22666) will leave Coimbatore at 5.45 a.m and reach Bengaluru at 12.40 p.m. In the return direction, it will depart from Bengaluru at 2.15 p.m to reach Coimbatore at 9 p.m.