Food Poisoning Case in Telangana: 5 Students Hospitalised After Allegedly Eating Contaminated Food at Hostel
Representational Image (Photo Credit: PTI)

Telangana, August 8: In another case of food poisoning, five students have been hospitalised after allegedly eating contaminated food in Social Welfare hostel in Khammam town. This is not the first time that such untoward incidents have happened in the hostel. Fire Breaks Out At Hostel in Khammam, Telangana; 10-Year-Old Student Dead.

In a freak fire mishap, a nine-year-old girl, an inmate of the government social welfare girls’ hostel at NSP colony in Khammam town in Telangana, died of asphyxiation and burn injuries after the bunk bed she was sleeping on reportedly caught fire last month. The fire took place due to a spark that started from the tube light.

It was found that there has been poor maintenance of electrical appliances in the rainy season and a lack of proper ventilation and requisite fire safety arrangements. Post the mishap, Social Welfare Minister Koppula Eeshwar directed the officials concerned to conduct a special drive in all social welfare hostels in the State over next 15 days and plug loopholes, if any, to avoid fire mishaps.