Ketan Agarwal Murder Case: Pune Court Sends Siya Goyal, Chetan Chaudhary to Police Custody Till July 3
A Pune court on Monday remanded Siya Goyal and her friend Chetan Chaudhary to police custody until July 3 in connection with the murder of Pune-based businessman Ketan Agarwal. The extension follows a previous seven-day remand that ended on June 29, as investigators continue to unearth evidence pointing toward a meticulously planned conspiracy.
A court in Pune has remanded Siya Goyal and Chetan Chaudhary to police custody until July 3 in connection with the alleged murder of businessman Ketan Agarwal. The order allows investigators additional time to probe what police describe as a premeditated conspiracy that led to Agarwal's death at Lohagad Fort earlier this month. The Vadgaon Maval court extended the police custody of both accused after Pune Rural Police sought additional time to gather evidence, verify digital records and question the suspects further, as reported by TOI.
Investigators told the court that the probe is at a crucial stage and that more custodial interrogation is required to establish the sequence of events and the alleged roles of the accused. ‘Effort Put Into Killing Him…’: Amaal Mallik Reacts to Ketan Agarwal’s Murder Case, Shares Message for Women; Netizens Have Mixed Opinions.
Police Allege Pre-Planned Signal Before Fatal Push
According to Pune Rural Police, the investigation indicates that the alleged murder was planned in advance. Officers claim Siya Goyal gave a pre-arranged signal to Chetan Chaudhary moments before Ketan Agarwal was pushed into a gorge at Lohagad Fort on June 18.
Police allege Goyal sat down on the pretext of drinking water, ensuring she remained out of Agarwal's reach before the alleged push. Investigators believe this was part of a coordinated plan and are treating it as a key piece of evidence in the case. These allegations are part of the police investigation and will be tested during judicial proceedings. Ketan Agarwal Murder Case: Video Shows Accused Siya Goyal and Chetan Chaudhary at Local Cricket Tournament.
Investigators Examining Evidence
Police have said the alleged conspiracy was discussed during a meeting at a café in Pune's Lullanagar area a day before the incident. Investigators are examining CCTV footage, digital communications, forensic evidence and witness statements to corroborate their findings.
The accused were also taken to Lohagad Fort as part of a crime scene reconstruction exercise to help investigators understand the sequence of events and collect further evidence.
Case Initially Treated as an Accident
Ketan Agarwal's death was initially believed to be an accidental fall during a visit to Lohagad Fort. However, the investigation later took a different direction after police reviewed CCTV footage, digital evidence and other material, leading to the arrest of Siya Goyal and Chetan Chaudhary.
Police allege the motive was linked to the personal relationship between the two accused and Agarwal's impending marriage to Goyal. The investigation remains ongoing, and the allegations have not yet been tested in court.
Investigation Continues
With police custody extended until July 3, investigators are expected to continue questioning the accused, analyse electronic evidence and complete forensic procedures before filing further reports before the court.
Authorities have not announced a final conclusion in the case, and the investigation remains in progress.
(The above story first appeared on LatestLY on Jun 29, 2026 06:31 PM IST. For more news and updates on politics, world, sports, entertainment and lifestyle, log on to our website latestly.com).