Mumbai Man Electrocuted on Local Train Rooftop at CSMT Station
Image used for representational purpose | (Photo Credits: PTI)

Mumbai, October 11: Despite the Railways constant announcement advising the commuters to refrain from travelling on the roof of the trains, people can still be seen risking their lives travelling on the rooftops of the locals in Mumbai. In one such incident,  a 30-year-old man recently got electrocuted in Mumbai, after coming in contact with the 25,000 volt current wires on top of the train at the Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus (CSMT) on late Tuesday night. One of the eyewitness said that smoke was coming out from the body of the person who was electrocuted, when people rushed to help him. Mumbai Local Train Claims One More Life, Techie Dies Trying to Board Running Local in Dadar, Watch Video.

The commuters who were travelling in the train, tried to rescue the man, say reports. But they also added that the Railways was not quick enough. Some commuters claimed that the Railway authorities took more than 25 minutes to take the  electrocuted man to the hospital. Another eyewitness said that there was not just delay in getting the man to the hospital as it took time to locate the ambulance driver. Mumbai Local Trains Claimed Over 400 Lives So Far In 2018, 871 People Suffered Serious Injuries Due to Falling Off From Crowded Trains.

Dr Madhukar Gaikwad, medical superintendent at the St George Hospital, was quoted saying by the Free Press Journal that the man has suffered 50 per cent burn injuries and that he is being treated by antibiotics.  One senior railway official also said that the Railways tries to create  awareness about the hazards of travelling on the footboard or climb trains. But then people continue to act against rules and risk their lives.