Zakir Naik Hits Out at NIA for Accusing Him of Radicalising 'Terrorists' Through Videos, Asks Agency to Prove it With 'Evidence'
File image of Zakir Naik | (Photo Credits: ANI)

Kuala Lumpur/New Delhi, October 16: Days after National Investigation Agency (NIA) IG Alok Mittal stated that majority of the ISIS cases admitted that they were radicalized through videos of Zakir Naik, the controversial Islamic preacher said that NIA is accusing him having in possession a single shred of evidence to support it. Adding on, Naik even said that NIA spent three years investigating him, but haven't been able to prove anything as of yet.

Expressing his displeasure on the claims of NIA, Naik stated, "It's unfortunate that NIA, having spent over 3 years investigating me, has been publicly making claims connecting me to terrorism without having in possession a single shred of evidence to support it." Zakir Naik Speeches and Videos Radicalised Majority of 127 People Arrested for ISIS Links in India: NIA.

Here's the ANI tweet:

Earlier on Monday NIA chief Mittal told the media that in three of the cases, the accused were inspired by videos of Zahran Hashim, the mastermind of the Sri Lanka serial bomb blast. He had said, "Accused in the majority of these ISIS cases have also admitted that they were radicalized through videos of Zakir Naik and other Islamic preachers, so a case was registered against Naik and his organization Islamic Research Foundation (IRF)."

Details state that Zakir Naik has been living in Malaysia for the last three years after his organisation "The Islamic Research Foundation" was declared illegal by the government by the Union government. The NIA in 2017 filed a charge sheet against him for radical activities, giving hate speeches and promoting hatred between communities.