Fill your vertical space with texture, colour and warmth by placing beautiful rugs as wall arts. Some rugs are so beautiful that they are suitable to be hung on the wall than to be walked upon on the floor. You can decorate your wall with a rug depending on the colour, length and size of your wall. Make sure you hang them on the wall properly so that gravity doesn't take its toll on your woven work of art.
Wall carpet design can add to a spaces aura. They are essentially woven art and can easily add that extra touch that enhances the interior so make sure you are jazzing your wall with right texture, warmth and colour. Sameer A.M., Founder and CEO of Bonito Designs and Yash Kela, Founder of Arrivae, list down some ways to use carpet as wall art beautifully.
Ways to Use Carpets or Rugs as Wall Art
* Put up a contemporary carpet on the wall to serve as a backsplash for a photo collage or a crockery collection. The carpet adds a fine and sublime texture upon which the chosen artifacts can be displayed with a contrast.
* They are the perfect combination of fabric and art that help provide that warm feel to space. They can easily be hung on a curtain rod with fancy edges, on two looks or even a simple log of wood.
* A limited edition handwork or embroidered carpets can be put up on walls simply with either track lights or spotlights focused on them to add a vintage and artsy look to the place.
* An entire wall can be decorated with the help of a seamlessly joining carpet which doesn't just add a beautiful color scheme to the wall, but also imparts a rather soothing texture as well.
* Use the carpets for panelling upon the wall to provide a contrast on the wall and yet serve as a decor element. By doing so you would minimize the area upon which the usage of the carpet is happening and at the same time adding a non-monotonous idea to the wall art.
* Wall can be decorated with spot frame artworks which can cover the vertical space.
* The rugs can be used on double height walls where the surface area is extremely large and looks subtle and easy.
* Use printed, motif bohemian rugs which can be hung properly so gravity doesn't take its toll on your woven works of art.
You can use a rug not just for your bedroom but also for different spaces in your house, depending on which area would you like to add an extra oomph to. The design, colour and texture of the rug should compliment the overall mood of the room. It is always fun to experiment with unique decor ideas to give a contemporary feel to your humble abode.
(With IANS Inputs)