Along with Cheteshwar Pujara, Rishabh Pant was in the news today for his blistering knock of 159 runs on the day 2 of the Sydney Test between India and Australia. The wicket-keeper batsmen were helped by the Indian cricket captain Virat Kohli in the nets ahead of the start of day 2 and the results are quite good. Pant’s blistering knock came in after he faced 189 balls hitting 15 boundaries and one six. With this, he went on to break several records during day 2 of the Test match. Rishabh Pant 'Will Hit You for a Six, And Babysit Your Kids', Fans Respond to Tim Paine in Style at Sydney Test; Watch Video.
The youngster earned praises from cricketing greats including Virender Sehwag, VVS Laxman and many others. With his brilliant 159-runs, the 21-year-old got himself registered in the record books. It was because of him and Pujara that India put up a mammoth of 622 runs on the board in the first innings. Now, let’s check out the number of records broken by the 21-year-old. Rishabh Pant Becomes First Indian Wicketkeeper Batsman to Score a Test Century in Australia, Achieves Feat During Ind vs Aus 4th Test 2019.
- Talking about Rishabh Pant, he has become the first Asian keeper to score a century in Tests in Australia.
- Rishabh Pant and Ravindra Jadeja put up more than 150 runs for the seventh wicket, which is the highest by India in Australia.
- Pant is now the second-highest run-scorer in the ongoing Test series after Pujara, surpassing Kohli.
- At 21 years of age or younger, Pant is the only wicket-keeper batsman to score more than one hundred in Test cricket.
- At the age of 21 years and 91 days, Pant is the youngest keeper to score a 150 in Test cricket.
- Pant also went on to surpass MS Dhoni for scoring 150 plus runs away from. MS Dhoni had hit 148 runs in Pakistan.
- He is the first wicket-keeper from Asia to score more than 200 runs as well as affect over 20 dismissals in a Test series.
- Having scored 350 runs in the four-match Test series so far, Pant has surpassed MS Dhoni's tally of 349 runs against Australia in a series. Australia had scored 349 runs against Australia in 2014.
India’s Ravindra Jadeja also scored a half-century. But Cheteshwar Pujara missed out on a double ton as he was sent packing by Nathan Lyon on the score of 193 runs. Stay tuned to LatestLY.com for all the updates on India vs Australia, 2019 4th Test.