Indian opener Rohit Sharma completed 200 sixes in One Day International matches in the fifth and final ODI played between India and West Indies, 2018. India, chasing a paltry target of 105 to win, won the match by 9 wickets with 211 balls remaining. Rohit Sharma hit a half century and remained not out on 63 runs. He hit four sixes in his short innings and became only the second Indian batsmen to hit 200 or more sixes in ODIs. Rohit Sharma ODI Batting Records: Indian Opener Surpasses Sachin Tendulkar's Record of Most Number of Sixes in ODI Cricket.
Rohit Sharma is sixth on the list of most number of sixes in ODIs now. He had surpassed Sachin Tendulkar's tally of sixes in ODIs in the last match, when he scored 162.
Watch the Video Below
Below are the top 10 batsmen with most number of sixes in One Day Internationals.
1. Shahid Afridi: 398 Matches- 351 6s
2. Chris Gayle: 284 Matches- 275 6s
3. Sanath Jayasuriya: 445 Matches- 270 6s
4. MS Dhoni: 332 Matches- 218 6s
5. AB De Villiers: 228 Matches- 204 6s
6. Rohit Sharma: 193 Matches- 202 6s
7. Brendon McCullum: 260 Matches- 200 6s
8. Sachin Tendulkar: 463 Matches- 195 6s
9. Sourav Ganguly: 311 Matches- 190 6s
10. Eoin Morgan: 212 Matches- 170 6s
The list shows the kind of dominance Indian batsmen have had in the One Day International matches. There are four Indian batsmen in the top 10 list of batsmen with highest number of sixes. However, Rohit Sharma is the only batsman to have more sixes than the number of matches he has played.