The Neymar transfer saga looks set to extend for another week after Paris Saint-Germain director Leonardo revealed on Thursday that negotiations with other clubs have not advanced. No significant progress have been made on any potential deal, Leonardo said in an interview with RMC Sports. The French club had earlier met Barcelona to discuss a possible deal, while Real Madrid have also placed an offer on the table to hijack the former Blaugrana star, but none have so far met PSG’s demand for $200m for Neymar. Neymar Jr’s Transfer to Barcelona Ruled Out by Club Vice-President Jordi Cardoner.
"There are negotiations with clubs, as everyone knows. But nothing has advanced,” said Leonardo in the interview. Neymar appears determined to leave the Ligue 1 champions this summer transfer window and his transfer looks inevitable with the club also prepared to sell him but it is still unclear where he will end up. Kylian Mbappe Urges Neymar to Stay With Him at PSG, Says ‘Everyone Loves Him and I Love Him So Much’
Both Barca and Real are interested in him and want to take him at Camp Nou and Bernabeu respectively. The player is also said to be interested in heading towards either direction but will prefer a return to the Blaugrana club first. Neymar Transfer News Latest: Real Madrid Players Urge Ex-Barcelona Player to Come and Join Them at Bernabeu, Say Reports.
PSG had earlier met Barca officials to discuss a potential move for the 27-year-old attacker by nothing really advanced between both the clubs. PSG reportedly refused to lower down their $200m transfer fee for the player, while Barcelona were only offering Philippe Coutinho and wanted a straight player swap deal. But latest reports claim the French champions now want Coutinho / Ivan Rakitic and Nelson Semedo in addition to a $110m cash for Neymar’s eventual move back to the Catalan move.
Barca though aren’t the only club targeting Neymar in the summer transfer window. Real president Florentino Perez is said to be a long-term admirer of the Brazilian star and wants him as the first of his future galacticos signing. Perez, who failed to sign Neymar when he moved to Barcelona from Brazilian club Santos in 2013, wants him at the Bernabeu this time. Real has also asked its players to try and convince the former Barcelona star into joining Real.
Spanish tabloid Marca last reported that Real have offered James Rodriguez or Gareth Gable to prise Neymar away from PSG but the club are more interested in bringing Vinicius Junior and Luka Modric to replace him and are said to have no interest in either of Rodriguez and Bale.