Born on November 27, 1986, Suresh Raina has emerged as one of the most reliable batsmen produced by Indian cricket. He is also known for his effective fielding and has been one of the best fielders. Raina made his ODI debut in July 2005 against Sri Lanka at the age of 19. However, his Test debut came about five years later, in July 2010, against the same opposition. He scored a hundred on his Test debut. He was a part of the Indian squad that won 2011 World Cup. He currently plays for the Chennai Super Kings in the IPL. On his birthday let’s have a look at seven interesting facts about the left-hander on his birthday. Toss Will Be Vital in the Day-night Test, Says Suresh Raina.
- Suresh Raina is the only player to score 3000 runs in the IPL.
- He holds the record of the most number of catches (52) In IPL.
- He is also the only Indian Player to Hit a Hundred in T20 World Cup.
- At the age of 23 years 182 days, Raina became the second-youngest captain of the Indian Cricket Team.
- He is the only Indian Batsman to Score a Hundred across All Formats of the Game.
- Suresh Raina’s father Trilok Chand hails from Rainawari in the state of Jammu and Kashmir.
- Suresh Raina is the youngest of five siblings in a Kashmiri Pundit Family
On this day, we wish the left-hander a Very Happy Birthday and we hope that he touched more and more heights. The entire team of LatestLY.com wishes him a very Happy Birthday.