All Smartphones From Google & OnePlus Were Shipped With Latest Android 9 Pie OS - Report
Google Pixel, Oneplus 6T Smartphones - Representation Image (File Photo)

Gurugram, Feb 11: Google and OnePlus were the only brands which shipped all their smartphones with the latest version of Android OS in 2018, a new report said on Monday. According to market research techARC, 32 models of smartphones were launched by various original equipment manufacturers last year. OnePlus 7 or OnePlus 5G? Chinese Smartphone Maker Announces Closed-door Event at MWC 2019; Sends Invite.

Overall, Vivo led the number of launches with 7 models having the latest Android OS version shipped out of the factory. The second spot was taken by Nokia which launched four models, followed by Tecno (3), the report said.

"With stock Android becoming the preference of users, the OEMs are able to reduce the upgrade turnaround time for OS as it requires minimal integration from their end after Google releases one," said Faisal Kawoosa, Founder and Chief Analyst, techARC. OnePlus 6T, OnePlus 6 Facing Poor Audio Quality Problems During Calls or Voice Recording on WhatsApp, Snapchat.

Nearly 80 per cent of the launches with latest OS version had Android 8.1 (Oreo) pre-loaded when shipped for sale. The remaining 20 per cent had Android 9.0 (Pie) version. Google Chrome 72 Gets New Picture in Picture (PiP) Feature & Bug Fixes - Report.

"The good news is that even for the entry level (sub-Rs 5,000), users could get a smartphone with the latest Android version, which were sold by Nokia and Lava," the findings showed.