Mumbai, Aug 2: Ahead of the much-awaited launch of Reliance Jio (RJio) GigaFiber on August 15, the purported rate-card of the super-speed monthly internet service has been leaked online.
The monthly plans start from the minimum price of Rs 500, and scale upto Rs 1,500, as per the Business Standard report sourcing data via Trak. Notably, none of the schemes in the rate-card making rounds online refer to the download speed of 1Gbps -- which was promised by RIL chief Mukesh Ambani at the 41st Annual General Meeting held on July 5.
While Ambani had announced the launch-date of Rjio GigaFiber as August 15 -- which also marks the nation's 71st Independence Day -- he had refrained from disclosing the connection cost and plans.
Here is the unconfirmed rate-card being reported online:
- Rs 500 monthly plan: This would be the minimum-rate package, as per reports, providing subscribers with 300GB of data for one month at a download speed of 50Mbps.
- Rs 750 monthly plan: Under this package, the monthly available data will be 450GB, while the download speed will remain the same as 50Mbps.
- Rs 999 monthly plan: This package will provide the user upto 600GB of monthly data, with a download speed as high as 100Mbps.
- Rs 1,299 monthly plan: Monthly available data under this plan will be 750GB, while the download speed will remain the same as 100Mbps.
- Rs 1,500 monthly plan: This is the most expensive plan as per the purported rate-card. Subscribers of this pack will get 900GB of data per month, at a download speed of 150Mbps.
The pre-registration for RJio GigaFiber will begin on August 15. The broadband service could be booked either through Jio.com or My Jio mobile app.