Agency News

India News | Delhi: Young Man, Woman from UP Killed After Being Hit by Train Near Nizamuddin Station

Get latest articles and stories on India at LatestLY. A young man and a woman, both residents of Bulandshahr in Uttar Pradesh, were killed after being hit by a train between Okhla and Hazrat Nizamuddin railway stations in the national capital, police said on Monday.

India News | Delhi: Young Man, Woman from UP Killed After Being Hit by Train Near Nizamuddin Station
Representative Image (File Image/ANI)

New Delhi [India], August 3 (ANI): A young man and a woman, both residents of Bulandshahr in Uttar Pradesh, were killed after being hit by a train between Okhla and Hazrat Nizamuddin railway stations in the national capital, police said on Monday.

The Delhi Police received information regarding the incident at approximately 8:47 PM on Sunday. Upon reaching the spot, a team from the Hazrat Nizamuddin Railway Police Station found the two victims lying dead on the tracks.

Also Read | Samsung Galaxy F70 Pro 5G Launched in India: Price, Specifications and Sale Details.

According to DCP Railways, a railway memo was received regarding the accident, following which ASI Yogendra Kumar and his staff rushed to the location. A crime team was also called to the spot for a detailed inspection of the scene.

The deceased have been identified as Sagar (23), son of Mohan Lal, and Shivani (20), daughter of Devinder. Both were residents of Siana town in the Bulandshahr district of Uttar Pradesh.

Also Read | Surat Latest News Today on August 3rd, 2026: Floods Persist, HC Demolition Probe & Life Saved.

An Aadhaar card was found in the pocket of the male deceased, which helped in his identification. Subsequently, the female deceased was also identified.

Sagar was employed with an insurance company, officials said.

Preliminary investigations suggest that the duo had travelled from Bulandshahr to Delhi on Monday afternoon. However, the exact circumstances leading to their presence on the tracks are still under investigation.

The police confirmed that no suicide note has been recovered from the site so far.

"Both dead bodies have been preserved in the mortuary of LNJP Hospital, and their families have been informed. Proceedings under Section 194(1) are currently underway," the DCP Railways added.

Officials stated that they are probing all possible angles to ascertain whether the incident was an accident or a case of suicide.

Further details are awaited. (ANI)

(The above story is verified and authored by ANI staff, ANI is South Asia's leading multimedia news agency with over 100 bureaus in India, South Asia and across the globe. ANI brings the latest news on Politics and Current Affairs in India & around the World, Sports, Health, Fitness, Entertainment, & News. The views appearing in the above post do not reflect the opinions of LatestLY)