Gurugram, February 12: A child died here in Haryana after drinking paint thinner, mistaking it for water, police said on Monday. Hakshan, one and a half years old, became unconscious from an excruciating pain in his stomach and died while he was being taken to a hospital in Gurugram on Sunday, they said. Gurugram Tragedy: Two-Year-Old Boy Dies After Consuming Paint Thinner Mistaking It for Water in Sohna Area

The incident was reported from Sohna's Kothada Raipur village where Hakshan's family was attending a marriage ceremony, police said. The ceremony was taking place at a house, which was painted a few weeks ago, and the thinner was bought then, they said. Gurugram Shocker: 51-Year-Old Labourer Beaten to Death by His Co-Workers at Under Construction Site of Godrej Company in Sector 106

Hakshan, who was playing, drank the thinner, mistaking it for water, police said and added that he had come to Sohna along with his parents. "The child drank the thinner by mistake. We have lodged a report and taken action under 174 of the Crpc. The body has been handed over to his family after postmortem," Investigating Officer Dharmendra said. The boy was a resident of Jalalpur village in Haryana's Palwal district.

(This is an unedited and auto-generated story from Syndicated News feed, LatestLY Staff may not have modified or edited the content body)