Agency News

World News | Balochistan: Night Curfew-like Restrictions Imposed in Kalat, Khuzdar Amid Security Concerns

Get latest articles and stories on World at LatestLY. Authorities in parts of Balochistan have introduced a series of security-related restrictions affecting businesses and civilian movement, according to a report by Dawn. The measures have been reported in Kalat and Khuzdar, where local traders and residents have been given instructions to limit their activities amid security concerns.

World News | Balochistan: Night Curfew-like Restrictions Imposed in Kalat, Khuzdar Amid Security Concerns
Representational Image (Photo Credits: LatestLY)

Balochistan [Pakistan], August 9 (ANI): Authorities in parts of Balochistan have introduced a series of security-related restrictions affecting businesses and civilian movement, according to a report by Dawn.

The measures have been reported in Kalat and Khuzdar, where local traders and residents have been given instructions to limit their activities amid security concerns.

Also Read | Indian-Origin Scottish Greens MSP Q Manivannan Under Fire After Viral Video Shows Rape 'Spectrum' Remarks.

According to Dawn, traders in Kalat were instructed to close their shops by 6pm, while residents were advised to remain indoors between 10pm and 7am. Local political leaders described the restrictions as effectively resembling a night-time curfew, although officials have maintained that no formal curfew has been imposed.

JUI-F leader Hafiz Qasim Lehri, quoted by Dawn, referred to the measures as a night curfew in practical terms. The newspaper also reported that BNP leader Qadir Bakhsh Mengal said entry and exit routes to Kalat had been closed as part of the security measures.

Also Read | OnePlus Exits Western Markets, Offers Free Charger in Europe.

The restrictions have also affected commercial activity in Khuzdar. Dawn reported that administration and police officials visited the city and instructed shopkeepers to close their businesses. Officials reportedly cited security threats and concerns about possible civilian casualties during an emergency operation.

Balochistan Home Minister Mir Ziaullah Langove, according to Dawn, said that no official notification for the imposition of a curfew had been issued. His statement came as local political and business figures described restrictions on movement and commercial activity.

The measures come amid continuing security concerns in Balochistan, where authorities have periodically introduced restrictions in response to security operations and threats. As reported by Dawn, the latest measures in Kalat and Khuzdar have affected normal business activity and nighttime movement.

The distinction between a formally notified curfew and security restrictions remains significant from an administrative standpoint. However, the restrictions reported in Kalat include specified hours for businesses and residents, while road access has also reportedly been affected. (ANI)

(The above story is verified and authored by ANI staff, ANI is South Asia's leading multimedia news agency with over 100 bureaus in India, South Asia and across the globe. ANI brings the latest news on Politics and Current Affairs in India & around the World, Sports, Health, Fitness, Entertainment, & News. The views appearing in the above post do not reflect the opinions of LatestLY)