The cat is finally out of the bag! Just two months after dating each other, reports of Nick Jonas popping the question and getting engaged to Priyanka Chopra started doing the rounds. A source had earlier even told US Weekly that the couple is eager to start a family. Although PeeCee did expect the proposal, she didn't expect it so soon. In fact, the team of Bharat even stated that her marriage to Nick is what stopped her from doing the film with Salman Khan. Priyanka may not have commented or confirmed the engagement but Nick Jonas has cleared the air and yes, it's a yes!
The 25-year-old singer, at the launch of his new fragrance, John Varvatos, confirmed the news of his betrothal. According to US Weekly's report, a partygoer at the launch congratulated the star on his engagement, to which he graciously thanked him! Even Priyanka was expected to attend the launch, however, since she is currently shooting Farhan Akhtar's film in Mumbai, she couldn't make it.
But yes, her congratulatory note did reach Nick and the world as she put it up on her Instagram story. Interestingly, when Priyanka was interrogated to shed light on the rumours of the engagement with Nick, her response was, “My entire life — my personal life — is not for public consumption,” she said on Monday, August 6. “Ninety percent of my life is for public consumption, but 10 percent is for me. I’m a girl; I have the right to keep that to myself.”
On the same, PeeCee further added, My family, my friendships and my relationships are things I don’t think I need to defend or explain to anyone. I am not running for office, so I don’t think I need to give explanations … Sometimes I laugh, sometimes I get annoyed. Mostly, I tell my publicists, ‘Let it be. Today’s news is tomorrow’s trash.’” Well, we wonder how she'll be reacting to this piece of news that just leaked out.
Will they have an October wedding as speculated? We can't wait to get more dirt on this piece of news! Is the wedding going to be in the US or India? Oh somebody tell us more!