Anushka Shetty, the popular Telugu actress, will be celebrating her 38th birthday this year, on November 7. She is one of the most successful stars in the South Indian film industry where she has made her career in Tamil and Telugu film industries. Anushka has delivered a number of hits in her 15-year stellar presence in Indian cinema, where she has acted in over 45+ films. Baahubali Reunion in London: Netizens Can't Stop Shipping Prabhas and Anushka Shetty as They Pose Together With SS Rajamouli and Rana Daggubati (View Pic).
Anushka is a versatile actor, who after initial failures, made it big in the film industry. She has worked in several hit films that include Vikramarkudu, Lakshyam, Souryam, Chintakayala Ravi, Arundhati, Vedam, Vettaikaran, Singam (I and II), Rudramadevi, and Baahubali series, in her filmography.
With a career spanning for nearly two decades, Anushka Shetty is one of the few names who have earned accolades in multiple film industries. As the famed South Indian cinema actress celebrates her 38th birthday this year, we at LatestLY, bring you some of the lesser-known facts of Anushka Shetty. Sye Raa Narasimha Reddy: Confirmed! Anushka Shetty is a Part of Chiranjeevi's Historical Saga and her Addition Just Amps up Our Excitement.
1. Anushka Shetty was born in Mangaluru, Karnataka, on November 7, 1981 in a Bellipady Uramalu Guthu family.
2. Not many people know Anushka Shetty’s real name is Sweety Shetty, and she changed it only after entering the film industry. Filmmaker SS Rajamouli, reportedly, still calls her by her real name.
3. It is a lesser-known fact that Anushka Shetty completed her schooling from Mount Carmel College in Bengaluru, where she got her BCA degree. It is the same institution where other Indian cinema stalwarts – Anushka Sharma, Deepika Padukone, and Mamtha Mohandas – have studied.
4. Another interesting fact is that Anushka Shetty was a yoga instructor before she joined the film industry, trained by the famed Bharat Thakur. It is said that she had no inclination to make her career in films, but we all know what happened next.
5. Anushka Shetty’s dedication to her work is second to none. In one of her movies Size Zero, the actress had reportedly gained 20 kgs to be a natural fit for the role – this despite her having an option to don the fat suit.
6. It is said that Anushka Shetty is a bike-loving person. Well, media reports have also said that Anushka had once gifted a luxurious car to her driver, which was worth Rs 12 lakh! Isn’t that cool?
7. A section of the audience has seen Anushka Shetty’s pairing with Prabhas for the first time in SS Rajamouli’s magnum opus Baahubali. However, there’s more than what meets the eye. The duo is known to be one of the most successful pairs in Indian industry after having acted together in other films like Mirchi, and Billa, in the past.
8. Anushka Shetty didn’t have it easy in her initial career. There were reports that she had packed her bags and was all set to bid adieu to the film industry after the debacles in the first two films. However, things changed when she acted in SS Rajamouli’s Vikramarkudu, starring Ravi Teja, which was later remade as Rowdy Rathore in Bollywood.
9. It may come as a surprise for many, but Anushka Shetty (at 5.9”) is the tallest actress in the South Indian film industry.
10. Given her fame in the South Indian film industry, Anushka Shetty is also called as ‘Lady Superstar’ by her fans.
We hope that you loved reading the lesser-known facts as much as we did. The above information is based on several media reports and fact-findings, and doesn’t have to be taken as official info. As the Lady Superstar Anushka Shetty celebrates her 38th birthday on November 7 this year, we at LatestLY wish her all the luck in her future endeavours – Happy Birthday Anushka Shetty!