GTA 6 Leaker Identified? Investigator Sends Evidence to Rockstar Games
An investigator claims to have identified the GTA 6 leaker, referred to as Leeker, and has emailed evidence to Rockstar and Take-Two legal teams. The individual is described as a threat actor with prior activity and a possible European bank link. The leak is tied to a breach or insider, with the build dated around a year old.
A GTA 6 news account has stated that an investigation into the person or group behind recent gameplay and map leaks is complete. The investigator says all collected evidence has been emailed to the legal teams at Take-Two Interactive and Rockstar Games. Full personal details are being withheld to avoid doxxing.
What the Investigation Claims To Have Found?
The investigator refers to the individual as Leeker and describes them as a threat actor with previous malicious activity under a different alias. One stronger piece of information reportedly links to what appears to be a personal bank account at a European bank. The investigator notes it is possible the account could be stolen but believes the overall correlations point to the correct person. GTA 6 Leaks: Will Grand Theft Auto 6 Feature Cashable In-Game Currency? Cyberleek Claims Explained.
User Claims to Have Identified GTA 6 Leaker
It’s been almost 16 hours since I started following these guys, piecing everything together nonstop (it’s literally 6 AM here). I really need to get some sleep; I didn’t even rest properly last night
To be honest, today I discovered how toxic the GTA community can be, even…
— KINGJulien (@KINGJulien15x) August 21, 2026
Information is said to come from a mix of open-source intelligence and tip-offs from people familiar with the individual via Telegram. Several of those sources are described as peers who provided details after earlier posts.
Details Shared About the Leak Itself
According to the findings, the leak appears to stem from either a breach or an insider. Two differing accounts were received: one suggesting the leaker bought backdoor access, and another linking it to a previous internal Rockstar incident. The investigator stresses that such claims among certain online circles are often exaggerated.
The build shown in the leaked footage is believed to be around a year old, while the actual theft may have occurred in April 2026. The leaker is thought to have prepared the material since then. The investigator does not believe a live build is in the leaker’s possession and considers the clips most likely pre-recorded. The activity is stated to be unrelated to the Mafia 808 group, and no information was found supporting claims of a Rockstar India hack.**Warnings about the associated cryptocurrency
The investigator strongly advises against buying the memecoin promoted alongside the leaks, describing it as a pump-and-dump scheme. The earlier paid voting system is said to have been designed to drive interest in the token and inflate its market capitalisation. GTA 6 Leak: What We Know About Cyberleek, the Hacker Who Allegedly Leaked Map and Gameplay Video.
Rockstar and Take-Two have not issued any public statement confirming receipt of the material or commenting on the claims. The situation remains under active discussion within the GTA community.
(The above story first appeared on LatestLY on Aug 21, 2026 10:48 AM IST. For more news and updates on politics, world, sports, entertainment and lifestyle, log on to our website latestly.com).