The most-awaited national level exam, National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) 2020 registrations are to slated to begin from today, December 2, 2019. According to the conducting body, the National Testing Agency (NTA) will open the NEET 2020 online registration window from 4:00 pm at the official website; ntaneet.nic.in. As of now, the link has not been updated, but it is expected to begin soon. All the interest candidates and medical aspirants are advised to keep all the needed documents ready to apply for NTA NEET 2020 June exam. It should be noted here that the last date to apply for NEET 2020 application process is December 31, 2019. However, the fee payment can be made until January 1, 2020. Below in this article, we have mentioned the eligibility criteria, age limit, application and other details that you need to know before applying for NTA’s medical entrance examination. NEET 2020: Registration Starts From 4 PM Today; Burka, Hijab, Kirpan Allowed For Medical Aspirants.
NEET 2020 Eligibility Criteria:
For NEET 2020 exam, NTA has set a few eligibility criteria that a candidate need to fulfil to apply for the examination.
- Only Indian nationals are allowed to appear in NEET 2020.
- An applicant should complete 10+2 or appear in the 10+2 exam.
- Candidates must have a subject combination of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Bio-Technology at the 10+2 level. They should also have Mathematics and an elective subject along with English at their 12th standard.
NEET 2020 Age Limit:
There is an upper and lower age limit for the applicants appearing for NEET 2020 entrance exam. The NTA NEET 2020 lower age limit is 17 years as on December 31, 2019, and there is a relaxation of five years in the upper age limit for SC, ST, OBC NCL, PwD category candidates. Hence, only those who fall within this bracket are allowed to appear in the NEET 2020 exam. NTA Mulls Conducting Medical Entrance Exam Twice From 2021, Says Report.
How to Apply for NEET 2020 Exam?
- Visit the official website of NEET 2020 exam, ntaneet.ac.in.
- The candidate will first to register herself/ himself and generate the ID and password to log in for the application process.
- With the successful registration for NEET, the provisional application will be displayed, which should be noted down for future logins.
- Fill in the application form carefully.
- Go through it before submitting online.
- Upload the scanned documents and images.
- Pay the NEET 2020 exam fee payment. For general and OBC candidates, the NEET 2020 application fee is Rs 1,500, for General-EWS and OBC-NCL, the price is Rs 1,400 and for SC, ST, PH candidates, they will have to pay Rs 800.
- Download and print the NEET 2020 acknowledgement receipt for future reference.
There has been a significant hike in the NEET 2020 application process. According to the NTA notification, there is an increase of five to seven percent in the NEET 2020 application fee. The NEET 2020 exam is scheduled to be held on May 3 and shall be conducted in 11 languages including English and Hindi.