New Delhi, June 7: The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has rolled out an online facility to download one’s own Aadhaar update history. The newly launched facility will now enable Aadhaar holders to obtain their Aadhaar update history online, which can be downloaded and provided to various authorities on demand for availing various services.
It must be noted that an individual can use the Aadhaar history for applying for various services such as passports, visa or other sundry jobs since it can ascertain their residency status for the past few years. According to UIDAI sources, the history shows date-wise details of updates made in address, and other fields on the Aadhaar since its generation.
UIDAI CEO Ajay Bhushan Pandey said that this feature is yet another innovative and useful facility through which people can now obtain their own Aadhaar update history from the UIDAI’s website. He said with the new option, individuals can now use it in support of their assertion of address, etc. Bhushan said that the Aadhaar update history feature which is in the beta phase currently can be downloaded from the UIDAI website and can be used to support their assertion of address, etc.
How to download Aadhaar update history online:
- To avail this facility, all the Aadhaar holders will have to go to the official UIDAI website uidai.gov.in and click on Aadhaar Update History.
- The user will now have to fill up the Aadhaar number or Virtual ID (VID) and the security captcha to get an OTP.
- The person will then receive an OTP on the registered mobile number
- Now enter the OTP in a box displayed on the website to see the history.
- The Aadhaar history shows all the date-wise details of updates made in the address, and other fields on the Aadhaar since the time your 12-digit biometric id was generated.
- All the changes made, be it any update relating to name, date of birth, gender or address, or addition/deletion of mobile or email will be shown in the history.
The new feature that has been rolled out by the UIDAI will bring in more trust and further empower people. This will help people to use their update history to the authorities while applying for jobs, school admissions, various services or benefits, etc, because in most such cases they are usually asked to provide their address for the last two or three years.