Mumbai, September 27: Commuters travelling by local train on Central Line are likely to face inconvenience for nearly two weeks from Thursday as maintenance work will be undertaken near Kalwa. According to reports, the work for the fifth and sixth lanes of Thane and Diva Junction will be taken up by the Central Railway for a period of nearly 11 days from 27th September to 7th October, 2018.
In the wake of the maintenance work, the Central Railway will witness a special kind of a mega block where some services of local trains will be cancelled while some services may be partially cancelled beginning from Thursday, a report by Maharashtra Times stated. To minimise the inconvenience caused to lakhs of suburban passengers during the mega block, the Central Railway announced the services that would stand cancelled or partially cancelled during this time. Mumbai Division of Central Railway Fare Poorly in All-India Punctuality Performance Rankings.
The local train services that will stand cancelled from 27th September to 7th October, 2018 are as follows:
- The 5.57 AM Dombivli-CSMT Local will remain cancelled from 28th September to 6th October, 2018
- The 5.15 PM Thane to Dadar local will remain off the tracks from 27th September to 6th October
- The 5.58 PM Thane to Dombivli Local will stand cancelled from 27th September to 6th October.
- The Thane local at night that starts at 11.12 PM to CSMT has been cancelled from 28th September to 5th October.
The local services that will remain partially shut are as follows:
- The 7.29 AM Dombivli local train will ply from Thane instead of Dombivili from September 28 to October 7 at 7.52 AM.
- The 5.53 PM CSMT local will run from Thane from September 27 to October 6.
- The 6.22 PM CSMT local will run from Thane from September 27 to October 6.
The Central Railways has always faced flak for putting passengers in trouble on Sundays, when it operates block to carry out maintenance work on its Main and Harbour lines. But this time, the CR has announced a special block for over a week which is believed to cause inconvenience to lakhs of passengers as suburban trains are likely to be more crowded than usual.