Mumbai Police Officer Son’s Death in Royal Palm Bungalow: 12 Detained, Suspects Drug in Party As the Reason
Mumbai police officer's son Atharva Shinde mysterious death case | (Photo Credits: Facebook/Atharva Shinde)

Mumbai, May 11: After the mysterious death of a police officer's son at a birthday party, the officials at the Aarey police station are now interrogating all the revellers at Royal Palms bunglow in Goregaon on Monday, where the party was held. According to sources, the police have detained 12 people who are been questioned about the incident, which led to the death of Atharva Shinde.

The police are also suspecting a drug angle which possibly triggered the infighting between Atharva and his friends. Police said," 20 people had attended the birthday party at bungalow No. 212 at Royal Palms, located deep inside. Also, the revellers were under the influence of drugs. Therefore, those who have connections with drug sale have been picked up from different locations of Mumbai like Bandra, Madh-Marve-Malad, and Dadar for interrogation. The purpose of doing so is to find out the clue behind the mysterious death."

Atharva who went missing after the birthday party,  was found dead by the family near the lake just half-a-kilometre from the party location. Sources reveal Atharva had a heated argument for some reason with a few people who were at the party. They said that Atharva had met the people for the first time at the party.  Police added the body of deceased had multiple wounds and had also sustained a head injury. The post-mortem report received on Thursday made by Siddharth Hospital says that Arathav died due to 'chest trauma'- an injury to the chest caused due to blunt or penetrative mechanisms, which can result in rib bruises, fracture, lung or heart contusions.

Meanwhile one of the advocates named Abbas Kazmi who represented a detainer wrote a letter to Mumbai police to release his client (name not disclosed). In the letter submitted he has mentioned his client will be available for inquiry whenever he will be called. Also if they have proof against him, then he should be kept in police custody or should be released.

Kazmi also added that his client was supposed to fly Canada for further studies on Friday but now due to his detention, he is unable to go, as quoted by news reports.

At the bungalow where the party was organised for a day, police are also questioning the caretaker and three staff members about the incident. The owner of the bungalow lives in abroad, the police officials added. Meanwhile, samples like hair, nail, internal organs and blood of deceased have been preserved for forensic analysis at the Kalina Forensic Science Laboratory. Also, tests will be conducted to check alcohol content in the body if any.