iPhone Explodes During Charging in Ambernath, Mobile Blast Triggers Fire; One Injured
iPhone (Representational Image/ File Photo)

Mumbai, May 16: A mobile phone of Apple's iPhone range that was kept on charging exploded triggering a fire at a house in Ambernath. A person sustained minor injuries in the explosion followed by the fire. The incident took place in Ambernath's Kohajgaon area on Sunday. The iPhone was connected to power for charging when the blast took place. The victim was identified as 22-year-old Amit Bhandari.

According to Bhandari, he kept his iPhone on charging on Sunday night after coming home after attending a wedding. Bhandari said about 10 minutes later, the mobile phone suddenly exploded badly injuring his one leg. The blast triggered a minor fire which was contained by him, reported Times of India. After the incident, He rushed to a private hospital nearby and got himself admitted. He was discharged on Monday. Andhra Man Electrocuted to Death as Mobile Phone Explodes During Charging.

After getting discharged from the hospital, Bhandari wrote to Apple that manufactures iPhone mobile phones asking them to look into the incident. The mobile phone which exploded was iPhone 6 and Bhandari bought it for Rs 26,000 nearly 14 months ago. After the explosion, he said how can people be safe with using small brands when costly mobile phones like the iPhone get exploded.

Bhandari did not get any response till Wednesday from Apple. In December last year, a mobile phone explosion left four members of a Shahpur family injured.