Navi Mumbai: Public Toilet Explodes Due to Excessive Gas, 1 'Severely Injured'
Septic Tank representational Image (Photo credits: Flickr.com)

Mumbai, November 4: In a bizarre case, a 28-year-old man was severely injured after the septic tank of a public toilet exploded due to toxic gases. The incident took place on Friday evening in Ghansoli. The survivor was using the facility when the explosion occurred in the septic tank. The impact was so massive that the roofs of the toilet and the house nearby were blown off. Mumbai: Elderly Man Beaten to Death After Argument Over Using Public Toilet For a Little Longer.

The person sustained burns and severe injuries in the incident which took place in Sector 7 of Rabale area. The injured was immediately rushed to the Vashi general hospital, where he is undergoing treatment and declared out of danger. As soon as the incident was reported to the Fire Brigade official of the Airoli fire station they rushed to the spot.

This is the third such accident in the last few days. Previously, five people including two fire brigade officials were killed due to toxic gases in a well in Kalyan on November 1. On October 26, three people choked to death while cleaning the manhole due to poisonous gases in Dombivli MIDC area. Earlier in September, a 59-year-old man was beaten to death for using the toilet for a "longer time" in Wadala.