Srinagar, November 21: The alliance-in-talks between Peoples Democratic Party, National Conference and Congress in the Valley have reached a consensus on the Chief Ministerial face. Syed Mohammad Altaf Bukhari has been chosen as the name to represent the alliance for the possible government in Jammu and Kashmir and now the leader has also confirmed the news.
With the months-long wait for the leader in action to end, let us get to know who Bukhari is and what he has in pocket to offer to the people of Kashmir. PDP-NC-Congress Alliance in J&K Finalised, Altaf Bukhari to be CM Candidate
- Syed Altaf Bukhari is a MLA from Amira Kadal constituency and represents Jammu Kashmir Peoples Democratic Party.
- He has served as state education minister in the previous Mehbooba Mufti government. Also, he had held portfolios of PWD minister as well as interim finance minister for the state.
- Bukhari is a graduate who holds a bachelor's degree in agriculture science from Government Agriculture College in Wadpura in the 1980, through Kashmir University.
- According to the Election Commission data (2014), the CM face owns assets over Rs 84 crore and has liabilities of over Rs 22 lakhs.
- Considering the criminal cases, the leader has seven case in his name, but have not been proved guilty in any of them.
Now with the alliance between the parties in state already in place and CM face decided, it would be interesting to see how the co-ordination between the leaders work. Since the BJP took back the support from PDP in June, there is Governor's rule in the state.