New Delhi, August 3: Delhi's Tis Hazari court has issued a warrant against Unnao rape case accused Kuldeep Singh Sengar and Shashi Singh, asking them and others involved in the case to be produced before the court on August 5, 2019 at 12.30 PM. The hearing in the case will be resume from Monday. BJP MP Ashish Singh Ashu Comes Out in Support of Unnao Rape Case Accused Kuldeep Singh Sengar, Says 'Best Wishes With Him'.
The Unnao rape case main accused, BJP MLA Kuldeep Singh Sengar has already been expelled by the BJP, after the accident that took place on July 28. Sengar is accused of raping a minor girl from Unnao two years ago and killing two members of her family.
Read the ANI Tweet Below
Unnao rape case: Delhi's Tis Hazari court has issued production warrant against accused Kuldeep Singh Sengar and Shashi Singh asking them to be produced before it on August 5, 12.30 pm. Hearing in the case will be resume from Monday.
— ANI (@ANI) August 3, 2019
UP BJP chief Swatantra Dev Singh said in Lucknow that the party’s central leadership has expelled him. His statement earlier in the day that Sengar was suspended and not sacked from the party had created confusion over the MLA’s fate. Sources said BJP working president J P Nadda called up Singh to inform him of the party’s decision and asked him to make an announcement.
The court gave the CBI seven days to complete investigation into a recent accident, in which two of the victim’s aunts were killed and she and her lawyer critically injured.
The victim’s family has lodged a complaint, alleging “conspiracy” behind the car crash. The CBI has booked rape accused MLA Kuldeep Singh Sengar and 10 others for murder in connection with the accident which took place on July 28.