Kolkata, May 13: Voting for the much-awaited panchayat polls in West Bengal will be held on Monday. The voting in 621 Zilla Parishad, 6157 panchayat samitis, and 31827-gram panchayats will begin at 7 a.m. and will continue till 5 p.m. The counting of votes will take place on May 17. The voters who have enrolled themselves for the panchayat polls in West Bengal can check their voter slips online at wbceo.in.
The battle between TMC, BJP, Congress, and the Left Front will also give a hint that which party would enjoy hegemony over others in 2019 general elections. The voters can check their voter slips along with their name on the electoral list on the official portal of the State Election Commission. Users can also download and print the soft copy of their voter ID card via the National Voters' Services Portal.
Here’s how to Download West Bengal Panchayat Election 2018 Voter List District wise:
- A voter needs to log on to the official website of West Bengal Chief Electoral Officer wbceo.in
- On the Official website of CEO West Bengal, Click on the Link “Electoral Roll (Voter List)” in the left side column
- A new page will open select your District from the District list of West Bengal.
- The voter is required to go to the next page select Assembly Constituencies (AC) of your district.
- In your Assembly constituencies select your Polling Station Name and click on the link Draft Roll
- You can now download the Voter list in the PDF Format with all details.
The run-up to the Panchayat Polls also saw a legal battle that reached up to the Supreme Court. Taking into consideration the history of violence in the state panchayat polls, elaborate security arrangements have been made to maintain law and order during the polling. According to a report y ANI, around 46000 personnel of West Bengal Police, 12000 of Kolkata Police will get support from around 1500 security personnel from other states.
Here's How to print your voter ID on nvsp.in
- On nvsp.in website, users can find the section of 'Search your name in the electoral roll' on the top left corner of the page.
- Users need to enter their name, age, state, district and constituency details.
- After submitting the details asked, the e-copy of your voter-ID will be generated.
- Users can download the soft copy of the voter ID cards. The print-out copies could be used for verification on polling day.
It is notable that there was widespread violence between the ruling Trinamool Congress (TMC) and opposition parties during the nomination filing process that claimed lives on many people. While West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee claimed that 14 TMC supporters were killed in the violence, the state unit of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) alleged that its 52 supporters were killed.