The fashion week season has just kickstarted in the city and it's time to unleash the fashion lover in y'all. Lakme is back with its Spring/Resort 2019 collection and the five-day long event will witness some of the best artwork in the fashion field. While Gaurav Gupta had the honour of inaugurating the week last night at Royal Opera House, designer duo, Shantanu & Nikhil will pull the curtains down on February 3. The list of designers this year includes the usual names like Anita Dongre and Raghavendra Rathore coupled with debutantes like Sunaina Khera and the return of some like Gauri & Nainika. Lakme Fashion Week 2019: Karan Johar Gets Emotional as He Walks The Ramp With Tabu For Gaurav Gupta.
With so many great designers, we also have celebrities who will honour their collections and dazzle as their showstoppers. This year we have some great names like Karisma Kapoor, Alia Bhatt with Gully Boy team and Saina Nehwal walking the ramp for some well-known ones. Without intriguing you further, we have sorted the list of celebrities who will set the ramp on fire this season. Let's start with Kareena Kapoor Khan of course. Lakme Fashion Week Summer Resort 2019: Raghavendra Rathore to Present ‘An Ode to the Bandhgala’ at LFW.
- Kareena Kapoor Khan being the brand ambassador for Lakme India will walk the finale for Shantanu & Nikhil.
- Karisma Kapoor will walk the ramp for Jaipur based designer Punit Balana.
- The Gully Boy team will walk for fashion brand Love Gen, whose line will be entirely based on sustainable fashion. Since it's inspired by hip-hop culture, the line will feature hoodies, jackets and T-shirts.
- Saina Nehwal will honour the designs by Vaani Raghupathy.
- Gurmeet Choudhary and Nikhil Chinappa Asa Kazingmei.
It's a mandate for Kareena Kapoor Khan to walk the finale for designers. The Veere Di Wedding actress walked for Monisha Jaising for the finale of Autumn/Winter 2018 and this year it's Shantanu & Nikhil. This is not a detailed list and more names will be added when we'll come across any update. Till then, stay tuned to LatestLY for everything you need to know about LFW 2019.