Indian cricketer Sanju Samson celebrates his birthday on Monday, November 11. The wicket-keeper batsman turns 25 years old. Being a young cricketer in India, Sanju is an emerging player in the sport. He is a crucial team member of Rajasthan Royals team in Indian Premier Leagues. He is the youngest batsman to score 1000 runs in IPL and youngest cricketer to lead a Ranji Trophy Team. As Sanju Samson adds one more year to his life, here we look at some lesser-known things to know about the cricketer from Kerala. Sanju Samson Missed by Netizens for Not Being Part of India vs Bangladesh 2nd T20I 2019; Cricket Fans Feel Sorry for Wicket-Keeper Batsman.
Samson is a right-handed batsman. He represents Kerala Domestic Team since 2011. In IPL, he has played for Kolkata Knight Riders, Rajasthan Royals and Delhi Daredevils. Sanju made his international debut in 2015, in a T20I match against Zimbabwe. Below are five lesser-known things to know about Sanju Samson. Sanju Samson Smashes Record-Breaking Double Century in Vijay Hazare Trophy 2019, Becomes Sixth Indian to Register a List-A 200 score.
• Sanju Samson’s father, Samson, was formerly a police constable in Delhi Police.
• He was batchmate of cricketer Shreyas Gopal at SSN College in Chennai.
• He married his college-mate and longtime girlfriend Charulatha in Thiruvananthapuram in December 2018.
• He did his schooling from Rosary Senior Secondary School in Delhi and St. Joseph’s Higher Secondary School in Kerala.
• He is a devout Roman Catholic of the Latin Rite.
Samson has not made many international appearances so far but has a great IPL and domestic career. In 53 first-class matches, he has scored 2945 runs so far. In IPL, he has played 93 matches so far, smashing 2209 runs. He has also hit a century in IPL 2019, a knock of 102 runs. Keep going Sanju Samson and happy birthday.