India did the inevitable in the 2nd T20I against Sri Lanka and clinched the encounter by seven wickets. The Men in Blue displayed an all-round show at the Holkar Stadium in Indore and have taken an unassailable 1-0 lead in the three-match series. Shardul Thakur, KL Rahul and Shreyas Iyer were the standout performers for the hosts and guided their side to an easy win. During the course of the match, Skipper Virat Kohli pipped Rohit Sharma to become the highest run-scorer in T20 Internationals. Well, many other significant records were also made and broken in the match and below, we’ll look at all of them. India Vs Sri Lanka, Highlights And Cricket Score 2nd T20I Match.
Earlier in the match, Virat Kohli won the toss and elected to ball first. The Indian justified their skipper’s decision and restricted the visitors for a peculiar total of 142/9 runs. Shardul Thakur was the pick of the bowlers by taking three wickets while Navdeep Saini and Kuldeep Yadav got two wickets apiece. In the batting department, the opening pair of KL Rahul and Shikhar Dhawan got India off to a flier by mustering 77 runs for the first wicket. Virat Kohli and Shreyas Iyer did the formalities to guide their side over the line. Meanwhile, let’s look at the stat highlights of the match.
- Jasprit Bumrah took his 52nd T20I wicket and became joint leading wicket-taker for India in T20 Internationals with Ravichandran Ashwin and Yuzuvendra Chahal, who also have as many wickets.
- Virat Kohli pipped Rohit Sharma to become the highest run-scorer in T20Is. He, now, has 2663 runs in the shortest format while his deputy has 2633 runs.
- KL Rahul surpassed Yuvraj Singh to become India’s six highest run-scorer in T20Is. The opener currently has 1183 runs in 36 matches.
- Kohli also completed 1000 runs as captain in T20Is which are fastest for any player. He achieved the feat in his 30th match as skipper and went past Proteas skipper Faf du Plessis who went to the landmark in his 31st
- India have extended their unbeaten streak at the Holkar Stadium in Indore as they, now, have won all the nine matches, they have played at this venue.
- This was India’s 12th win over Sri Lanka in T20Is, the most for Men in Blue against any team in T20is.
- Sri Lanka have now lost 62 T20is, the most for any team.
With the series-opener being washed out, India have taken an unassailable 1-0 lead in the three-match series and will eye to continue their dominance at home. On the other hand, the third and the last clash will be a do or die encounter for the Lankans. The last match of the series will be played on January 10 at the Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium in Pune.