IND vs SA 3rd Test 2019: India played yet another great game against Proteas in IND vs SA 3rd Test Day 3. South Africa suffered a severe batting collapse on the Day 3 in the 1st and 2nd innings. South Africa, who started the day at 9 for 2 in the first innings on Day 3, were bowled out for 162. Later, they followed-on the score suffering another batting collapse in the 2nd innings. It was a bowlers' day on Day 3 as Mohammed Shami, Umesh Yadav, Ravindra Jadeja and Ravichandran Ashwin showed great collective efforts to crush the South Africa batsmen in the 1st and 2nd innings. Here we will look at India vs South Africa stat highlights, of 3rd Test 2019 Day 3. India Vs South Africa, Live Cricket Score 3rd Test Match.
At the stumps of Day 3, Proteas were reeling at 132-8 with trailing by 203 runs. In the first innings, Shami bagged 2 wickets and 3 in the 2nd. Umesh, who took 3 wickets in the 1st innings, took 2 in the 2nd. Ravindra Jadeja managed 2 and 1 wickets in the 1st and 2nd innings respectively. Shahbaz Nadeem bagged two wickets in the 1st innings but remained wicketless in the 2nd innings. Ravichandran Ashwin got no success in the 1st innings but took 1 in the 2nd innings. India are just 2 wickets behind to win consecutive third victory over South Africa. Below are some of the records that India achieved on the Day 3.
- Virat Kohli became the Indian captain to enforce most follow-ons. He surpassed Mohammad Azharuddin with 8 follow-ons in the match.
- South Africa suffered a consecutive batting collapse in a Test series for the only second time.
- India team also enforced follow-ons twice in a single home series since 1993/94. India had enforced follow-ons on Sri Lanka.
- Shahbaz Nadeem became fourth Indian bowler to take his maiden Test wicket via a stumping.
- South Africa lost more than 15 wickets in a single day of Test cricket for the first time since 2001/02. The last time it happened was against Australia.
- De Bruyn is also the first South Africa player to appear as a concussion substitute in test cricket.
- Mohammed Shami completed 50-plus Test wickets on Indian soil. He dismissed Dane Piedt to reach the milestone.
- Umesh Yadav became the first Indian fast bowler to take five successive three-wicket hauls in five matches on the trot.
- Zubayr Hamza became the seventh South African batsman to score a half-century in his debut innings in India.
The Day 4 will witness India inching towards another victory. India just need two wickets and there are no great chances that South Africa can save the Test. The rains and bad lights delaying the match but it will be least expected. India fans will be just waiting for the winning moment.