Manchester City Adds Mumbai City FC To Its Family of Clubs; Indian Super League Team Co-Owned By Ranbir Kapoor and Premier League Giants!
Manchester City (Photo Credits: Getty Images)

This piece of news would leave the Indian football fans smiling ear-to-ear as Manchester City is all set to own Indian Super League team Mumbai City. The development happened on Thursday as Manchester City are the jewels of City Football Group. Mumbai City FC is currently placed on number seven of the Indian Super League. The Mumbai City FC has the players like Freddie Ljungberg, Nicolas Anelka and Diego Forlan. Manchester City has the players like Sergio Aguero, Raheem Sterling and John Stones. James Anderson to Train at the Etihad Campus of Manchester City to Recover From Injury. 

"The investment will showcase the interest of the world in Indian football," said the source, who asked not to be named as the talks were private. City Football Group has refused to comment on the same and Mumbai City FC also did not decline to comment. The event is currently underway in Mumbai and Manchester City also owned a lot of stakes in seven football teams across the world from the United States of America to China.

The official account of Manchester City made an announcement of the same on their social media account. Check out the tweet below:

The team is currently owned by Bollywood actor Ranbir Kapoor. As per the press release, “CFG will become the 65 per cent majority shareholder of the Club, alongside existing shareholders, acclaimed actor and film producer, Ranbir Kapoor and Bimal Parekh who combined will hold the remaining 35 per cent of shares. Completion of the investment remains subject to the approval of certain football bodies.”